Friday, December 11, 2009

Painting Pinecones!

Last night we painted pine cones as a family. :) I think Joe was more excited than Alex. ha! Alex and I have been picking up "perfect" pine cones each time we go for a walk. So we have a little stockpile of 5 or so pine cones. So I cleaned them up, next time I will remember gloves, I had sap on my fingers for the rest of the day, maybe that is why people usually use store bought pine cones? Hey, why buy them when they are right outside your door?
Anyways, we got the paint and glitter out and it was fun for all! We did have to use acrylic paint for this, instead of Alex's normal paint, because his would not have shown up on the dark pine cone as well.

Here are a few pictures. I think we will be adding more to it later, I would like to make them into ornaments so Alex has some homemade ones for this year.

Photobucket

Joe concentrating :)
Photobucket

the final product, at least for now. :) (Alex's, Mine, and then Joe's)
Photobucket

No comments: