Monday, March 15, 2010

Cards for Cancer

There is a group that started something called "Cards for Cancer"..basically we make some homemade cards with words of support and encouragement for patients going through treatment. The first day for card drop off is April 10th, were team leaders drop off their groups cards to a local cancer treatment center. Then staff can hand out cards for a while to patients when they come in for treatment. I love the idea... something to brighten their day. Here are a few of mine that I have made.. I got my mom making some as well and Alex has been having fun helping me glue and also made one of his own, I am sure he will make some more as time goes on.
If you are interested in doing some (there is not maximum or minimum..) check out their blog: http://www.spiritjump.org/ 
This is a nationwide thing.. so you can do the same in your area.



1 comment:

Me said...

Beautiful. I will definitely check out the link and see what's going on in my area.